Terms of Service
DEFINITION OF OUR TERMINOLOGY AS USED WITHIN THIS DOCUMENT:
- A ‘Project’ is any work undertaken or service provided by Snapweb for the Client on their request and as described in our confirmation order email to that Client.
- A ‘Client’ is a person, persons, business or organization using any of the services provided by Snapweb.
- ‘Live Mode’ means the date the website is available on the Client’s chosen domain.
- ‘Domain’ is the website address as specified by the Client.
- ‘Open Source Software’ is software made freely available to anyone under the General Public License (GPL).
- ‘Content’ is both text and images that the Client requires on the website.
- ‘MB’ stands for megabytes and is a measure of storage space.
Snapweb is designed for people who are looking for assisted website development. All websites will be designed and developed by a team of professionals, with guidance from our clients so that we can help turn their ideas in to their dream website.
Our innovative, easy to use system makes it possible for our clients to communicate with their Project Managers who will always be available for assistance via e-mail. Our support team will also be available not just be e-mail but live chat and phone support as well.
To start the process, simply get started by finding your dream domain, fill out our Snapweb Form and choose from the Standard ($499) or Ultimate ($999) packages and place your order. Upon order placement and payment, our team will immediately start working on your website and set up a live preview within 5 working days. Once the design and content are approved, our team will take your website live on your domain. One month after your order is placed, we will start charging your card $20 per month as our Service Fee (Hosting and Maintenance of your website). There is no long-term contract and no hidden fees. Your card will be charged by Snapweb.com LLC. You may update your payment information or cancel your subscription at any time by calling our customer support toll-free at 888-207-0567 or by emailing us at billing@Snapweb.com.
- Snapweb will only commence work on a Project after receipt of 100% of the Project fee from the Client.
- The deposit paid to Snapweb covers the cost of design work carried out as well as any admin work and communication with Snapweb. The 100% money back guarantee is applicable till the approval of design phase by the Client. Once the design is approved, money will not be refunded to the Client.
- If the client cancels the order after purchasing a domain, we will deduct a domain fee of $15 from the refund amount.
- No refunds will be issued for website orders after 14 days of the order creation.
YOUR WEBSITE CONTENT
Except for material that we license to you, we do not claim ownership of the content you provide. Your content remains your content. We also do not control, verify, or endorse the content that you make available. You control who may access your content. If you share content in public areas or shared areas available to others you’ve chosen, then you agree that anyone you’ve shared content with may use that content.
These content standards apply to all Website Orders undertaken by Snapweb.com.
Content provided by Client must in their entirety comply with all applicable local and international laws and regulations. Without limiting the foregoing, content must not:
- Contain any material that is defamatory, obscene, indecent, abusive, offensive, harassing, violent, hateful, inflammatory or otherwise objectionable
- Promote sexually explicit or pornographic material, violence, or discrimination based on race, sex, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age
- Infringe any patent, trademark, trade secret, copyright or other intellectual property or other rights of any third-party
- Infringe the legal rights (including the right of publicity and privacy) of others or contain any material that could give rise to any civil or criminal liability under applicable laws
- Promote any illegal activity, or advocate, promote or assist any unlawful act
- Cause annoyance, inconvenience or needless anxiety or be likely to upset, embarrass, alarm or annoy any other person
- Impersonate any person, or misrepresent your identity or affiliation with any person or organization
- Involve commercial activities or sales
- Be likely to deceive or give the impression that they emanate from or are endorsed by us, or any other person or entity
FAIR USE POLICY – WEBSITE CONTENT AND CHANGE REQUESTS
- Snapweb.com is not responsible for content reviewal. It is our requirement that clients share proofread versions of the content they want us to add on their website.
- Any changes for an order in progress or live will be done within 24-48 business hours.
- In case where there are 10 or more changes for an order, the default turnaround time will be revised according to the scope of work and shared with the client.
- Snapweb.com expects its clients not to misuse “Unlimited Changes” feature. Not more than 20 changes will be catered to at one time.
- All clients are expected to use the Change Request feature on the Order Management System, once their website is Live. Snapweb.com is not responsible for missing out on change requests sent via unregistered e-mail addresses
- Any design changes made during or after the Development Phase of the website are subject to additional charges by Snapweb.com. Client will be informed about these additional charges by their assigned Project Manager before design changes are done.
SNAPWEB TERMS & CONDITIONS
- The contract between Snapweb and the Client will be on these conditions, to the exclusion of all other terms and conditions. Any variations to these conditions shall have no effect unless agreed in writing.
- The works to be carried out shall be as set out in the Snapweb confirmation order email.
- The Snapweb order management system (https://orders.Snapweb.com) will be the method of contact with regard to all communication for the website design & development. Access to the order management system will be provided to the Client on their registered email address after their order has been placed.
- It is the Client’s responsibility to inform us of any change in email address so we always have up to date email contact details. Snapweb cannot be held liable in any way relating to communication issues if we are not supplied a valid email address. Snapweb will acknowledge all emails within 3 working days. Our telephone support line is for website support issues only.
- If a customer’s conduct via telephone is considered unreasonable we will insist on email communication only. Snapweb reserves the right to cancel a contract should customer contact be in breach of our anti-harassment policy (*). Calls made to and from our office are monitored and recorded.
- Snapweb shall expect the Client to carry out sufficient research before proceeding with a website. This will include checking that the website/idea/business will operate legally. It is important that the website is not in any way illegal.
- It is important for the Client to keep in contact with Snapweb throughout the entire Project. If a Client does not make contact for 2 weeks we will make up to 3 attempts to contact the client by email using the email address specified when the client place their order. If we do not receive a response to these attempts of contact the Project may be terminated, and the deposit will not be refunded. We will levy a $20 admin charge if the client later returns and wishes to continue work on their project.
- All websites developed and created by Snapweb for the Client will be required to be hosted with Snapweb. The monthly Service Fee (Hosting & Maintenance) will be clearly mentioned to the Client once they place their order.
- Snapweb owns all design and code of the website. If the Client wishes to move the website hosting away from Snapweb, they will be required to pay a one-time website development fee of $499 before the website can be moved to a different hosting provider. Upon payment of this fee, Snapweb will transfer ownership and the website code to the Client within 10 business days.
- Snapweb.com will provide all clients with an Annual Subscription with 1 free domain for a duration of 1 year. This will be renewed each year if the Annual Subscription is renewed. The ownership of the domain will belong to Snapweb. The Client reserves the right to purchase the domain from Snapweb at any time by paying the full cost of the domain purchase to Snapweb. The cost of domain purchase will be shown to the customer before they purchase the domain through Snapweb.
- Domain names which will be registered by Snapweb, on behalf of the client, will belong to Snapweb, unless the Client pays the amount paid to purchase the domain. Domains can be transferred to the Client on payment of this fee.
- It is the responsibility of the Client to renew their domain names when due. Domains registered by Snapweb will be free of cost for a duration of 1 year. Costs for subsequent renewals will vary upon your Subscription Plan. If it is Annual, the domain will also be renewed. If a domain name expires, Snapweb cannot be held liable for this. However, Snapweb will make reasonable effort to contact the Client regarding domain renewal.
- Images will have been purchased by Snapweb for the Client, unless the images have been supplied by the Client. Images purchased by Snapweb are licensed only for use on the client website and are limited to no more than 15 images dependent on the size of the project.
- Where images used on the website have been purchased by Snapweb on behalf of the Client, these images are strictly for use on the website only. Snapweb is not liable for misuse of these images by the Client or any other person’s copying, altering or distributing the images to individuals or other organizations.
- Snapweb cannot be held responsible for anything adversely affecting the Client’s business operation, sales, or profitability that might be claimed as a result of a service offered by Snapweb. Where asked to provide search engine optimization for a Client, Snapweb does not guarantee any specific placement or high ranking on search engines.
- Snapweb does not take any responsibility for a client’s website rank on search engines. This also includes any potential website downtime that can occur. When updating, changing, and creating a client’s website, there could be a change in the websites search engine ranking.
- Snapweb will provide the Client with an expected completion date for the Project (live on the internet) if requested. Snapweb will endeavor to meet any given deadline, but do not guarantee and are not bound in any way to complete the Project by this date. The expected completion date provided by any employee of Snapweb is purely an estimate.
- All images displayed on the Client’s website will only be used after authorization by the Client, and are the sole responsibility of the Client regarding usage and copyright. Should any legal issues or claims arise from the content or copyright of any images supplied by the Client or Snapweb, they will be the sole responsibility of the Client. This clause excludes images which are provided by Snapweb.
- Snapweb has no control of or responsibility for, the content of Clients’ websites. In no way does the textual or image based Content of our Client’s websites constitute Snapweb endorsement, or approval of the website or the material contained within the website. Snapweb has not verified any of the materials, images or information contained within our Client’s websites and is not responsible for the content or performance of these sites or for the Client’s transactions with them. Snapweb provides links or references to our Client’s websites solely for the convenience of prospective customers and intends that the links it provides be current and accurate, but does not guarantee or warrant that such links will point to the intended Client site at all times.
- Snapweb reserves the right to place a small text or image link on the footer of the Client’s website that simply states the website was designed by Snapweb and links to our company website.
- Snapweb are not liable for loss, damage or corruption to files or information stored on its servers or individual PCs relating to a Client’s website. The Client is solely responsible for any information or files relating to its website.
- Snapweb makes no claims that the contents of this website may be lawfully viewed or downloaded outside the United States & Canada. Access to this website may not be legal by certain persons or in certain countries. If this website is accessed from outside of the United States & Canada, it is done at own risk and the visitor is responsible for compliance with the relevant laws of the visitor’s jurisdiction. The terms and conditions of this website are governed by the laws of the United States of America. Jurisdiction for any claims arising in respect of this website’s Content shall lie exclusively with the courts of the United States. If any provision of these terms and conditions is found to be invalid by any court having competent jurisdiction, the invalidity of such provision shall not affect the validity of the remaining provisions of these terms and conditions, which shall remain in full force and effect.
- Snapweb.com, at its discretion, reserves the right to refuse service to a customer, without providing a reason.” Customers will be refunded any amount they have paid to Snapweb when it is determined that Snapweb will not be proceeding with their order.
- Any SSL certificate purchased through Snapweb.com has an expiry date of 1 year. Customers have the choice to purchase this for a longer duration as well.
(*) Snapweb will not tolerate any form of harassment against its employees from customers or third parties and we reserve the right to cancel a contract without refund in the event of unreasonable or inappropriate conduct. This includes threatening behavior and abuse directed towards our employees thereafter any further communication must be via postal mail only.
REDESIGN POLICY – SNAPWEB.COM
- For any Standard Website Orders that need to be redesigned, an additional cost comes into play. Any Standard Order can be redesigned using our new Snapweb Designs for a one-time fee of $150*.
- For any Ultimate Website Orders that need to be redesigned, the additional one-time fee for that is $300*.
(*) Please note, before a redesign request is approved, the scope of work involved will need to be discussed with your Project Manager.